The LED Light
The LED strips are used especially for decorative lighting and signaling. They can be found with different colors and powers. Therefore, when buying first ask the question: the LED strip will be installed in that environment? Then stay tuned for details as: which model and size of the chip? What kind of protection this Light has? Here are important tips to choose the best model.
Where to Use Them
- In Residential Environments:living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, offices, stairs, walls, ceilings, … It can be used in moldings and Curtains, furniture, shelves and niches. But remember: for each type of use, there is one type of LED.
- Commercial Environments: windows (see also: Bridgat), Facades, stores, furniture, floors, stairs, set design, stands …
- Do not emit heat or ultraviolet and infrared rays(not damaging tissue and / or heating up the environment);
- They have great durability (LED strips good quality can last 10 years)
- Many come with double-sided Light, facilitating installation.
LED Lights run on 12 volts and so, to be installed in homes, need a power supply (driver also called).
Its potency (lighting capability) may vary according to the product.
- The indication”RGB” indicates the colored ribbons: R = red (red), G = green (green), B = blue (blue).
- Theremote control can be used to turn on and off , but in some multi – colored ribbons can be used to display different colors , which can be increased or decreased their intensity, and rhythmic.
- Youshould provide a space to store the source (which has a size of approx. 15x7x3cm
- Usuallyfound 60 LEDs per meter.
LED Lights marked with the symbol “RGB” are colored. You can find models with remote control that lets you choose the color, light intensity and even give rhythm the color change. An important detail: remember to provide a space for the source, which will be required.
LED Quality: Ask Yourself “What Is the LED Chip?”
Good quality LED has a life of 50 to 100 thousand hours (i.e. 10 years of use – they are not exposed to temperature changes and voltage changes, for example). Since the low – quality LEDs 20 to 30mil hours.
This quality is determined especially by the chip used , interfering with its durability and quality of light during his lifetime. Some models of famous chip, indicated by uniled site are: Bridgelux, Cree, Epistar, Nichia.
Poor chips can begin to lose brightness from 2,000 hours of use, accentuating a lot when they get to 7,000 and 10,000 hours. Have good quality begin to suffer noticeable wear from 10,000 hours, but smoothly.
The chips can be analyzed in terms of electrostatic discharge (ESD): different chips may have different sensitivity to electrostatic discharge (as occurred with the contact of the fingers ) . These tensions are supported by some types of chips:
- CHIPS Taiwan:LED: 800v (Epistar, Bridgelux, etc.)
- CHIPS Chinese:LED: 200 ~ 800v
Another important detail: the chips have different models, depending on their size. The most common are the 3528 (size 3.5 mm x 2.8 mm) and 5050 (size 5mm x 5mm). When shopping, try to select Lights with the same model as this interferes with the effect of lighting.
Classification of Light and Its Resistance to Water and Dust
The LED ribbons receive the IP rating (Ingress protection), which determines the degree of protection against the environment. Example: IP65
- The number 1 indicates a protection against solid objects and people(if zero, this means that it has no protection. If you means 6 which is fully protected against penetration of dust. The scale grows from 1 to 6 ).
0 – Unprotected
1 – Protected against solid objects greater than 50mm diameter
2 – Protected against solid objects greater than 12mm diameter
3 – Protected against solid objects greater than 2.5 mm diameter
4 – Protected against solid objects greater than 1mm diameter
5 – Protected against dust
6 – Totally protected against dust
- The number 2 refers to the protection against liquids(if zero has no protection, since if 8 can be submerged have this case . 5: protected Dágua jets). Examples of water resistant Lights:
IP65 – protection against splashes and water jets (suitable for wet areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and saunas)
IP68 – submersion (indicated for lighting pools)
0 – Unprotected
1 – Protected against vertical drops of water falls
2 – Protected against vertical drops of water falls to a maximum inclination of 15º
3 – Protected against sprayed water at an angle of +/- 69
4 – Protected against projections of water
5 – Protected against water jets
6 – Protected against ocean waves or powerful jets
7 – Protected against immersion
8 – Protected against submersion
- It is possible to have a3 number , which normally does not appear, and that refers to mechanical impacts.
Tips for Choosing the LED Light
Protection received by some LED strips can be epoxy or silicone . Recall that the quality is superior to silicone epoxy , or non – yellowing and cracking over time.
Here are some tips, the SunLab site for the choice of location of the function LED strips to be installed:
- Internal sites (clean and low humidity):single strands can be used without protective cover.Example: IP20
- Internal sites (subject to dust and humidity):use Lights with resin coating (epoxy or silicone). Example: IP64
- External sites (in signs, signage, hallways, windows, etc.):use Lights with silicone cover.Example: IP65
How to Choose the Source
The choice of source will depend on the output Light. It is usually “x Watts” by Light meter. So to calculate, multiply the length (length of your Light) by the power indicated value and purchase a source of 12 volts with power at least this value (but is shown to be slightly higher, as security).
Where to Buy
Many choose to buy directly from China , because the prices are much cheaper. However, the guarantee to buy in Brazil and ease of information , as well as having faster delivery, made the demand for this product really grow in our country and therefore prices also began to fall.
LED Flagpole Light for 35 foot poles -Lady Liberty Flag …
How to Go About Choosing the Right LED for Your Home
LED Flagpole Light 12v For 12 to 35 foot pole
Bathroom mirror cabinet
Jewelers: How to Choose the Best
H1 vs. H3 Bulb | Differences Between The Bulbs
Which Colour Temperature?
Led Light Whip. Space Whip Fiber Optic Whip Technology …
Boat Trailer with rollers
Rustic Cabinet Pulls
How To Install Low Voltage Outdoor Lighting
Tips on Choosing LED Lights for Your Car
Choosing the Right Size & Type of LED Light Bar
Choosing the best led aquarium lighting on the market
LED Strip Lighting: Choosing the Right LED Power Supply …
Choosing a LED Light Bar for Your Scale Rigs
How to Choose and Buy Right LED Strip Lights
Latest Kitchen Lighting Trends
Best Led Offroad lights Reviews 2018
How to choose the right type led grow light