Continents of the World
The world is made up of 6 continents, namely:
- America (divided into: North America, Central America,and South America)
Ivory Coast – West Africa
Ivory Coast is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Yamoussoukro. Around 24 million Ivorians and residents of other nationalities live in the Ivory Coast. The official language is French. The Ivory Coast covers an area of around 322,000 km² and is therefore somewhat larger than Poland. The highest mountain in the Ivory Coast is Mont Nimba at 1,752 meters. Neighboring countries are Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Guinea and Liberia.
Ghana – West Africa
Ghana is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Accra. Around 28 million Ghanaians, Ghanaians of other nationalities, live in Ghana. The official language is English. Ghana covers an area of around 239,000 km² and is about eight times the size of Belgium. The highest point in Ghana is Mount Afadjato at 880 meters. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and Togo.
Guinea – West Africa
Guinea is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Conakry. Approx. 12 million Guineans, Guineans of other nationalities, live in Guinea. The official language is French. Guinea covers an area of around 246,000 km² and is about eight times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea-Bissau.
Cameroon – Central Africa
Cameroon is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Yaoundé. Around 23 million Cameroonians live in Cameroon. The official languages are French and English. Cameroon covers an area of around 476,000 km² and is about six times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Cameroon is the Fako at 4,095 meters. Neighboring countries are Nigeria, Chad, the Republic of the Congo, the Central African Republic, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Cape Verde – West Africa
Cape Verde is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Praia. Around 540,000 Cape Verdeans and Cape Verdeans of other nationalities live in Cape Verde. The official language is Portuguese. Cape Verde covers an area of around 4,030 km².
Western Sahara – Northwest Africa
Western Sahara is a territory of 266 thousand km² in northwest Africa, with a coastline of 1,110 km bathed by the Atlantic Ocean. In the Middle Ages, this territory was occupied by Arab Bedouins. In the 15th century, its coastline was explored by the Portuguese. In 1434, the Portuguese navigator Gil Eanes rounded Cape Bojador (Boujdour), a landmark in the Portuguese exploration of the African coast.
In 1884, this territory became part of the old Spanish possessions of Western Sahara. In 1976, Spain withdrew from the territory. In the same year, two thirds of the territory was annexed by Morocco and the rest in 1979.
Since the 1960s, there has been a movement for the liberation of the Sahara, which in 1973 took the name Polisario Front (Popular Front for Liberation of Saguía el Hamra y Río de Oro). This movement adopted guerrilla tactics, which ended in 1991 with a ceasefire negotiated with the participation of the UN. As part of the peace process, a referendum should be held to decide on the independence of Western Sahara or its annexation to Morocco. But no agreement has yet been reached on the conditions of such a referendum.
Currently, a strip in the interior of Western Sahara, with about 20% of the territory, is dominated by the Polisario Front, with the denomination of Democratic Arab Saharawi Republic.
Belarus – Eastern Europe
Belarus is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Minsk. About 9.7 million Belarusians live in Belarus, as well as residents of other nationalities. The official languages are Belarusian and Russian. Belarus covers an area of around 208,000 km² and is about five times the size of Switzerland. The highest point in Belarus is the Dzjarschynskaja Hara with just 346 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania and Latvia.
Serbia – Southeast Europe
Serbia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Belgrade. About 7.1 million Serbs and Serbs of other nationalities live in Serbia. The official language is Serbian. Serbia covers an area of around 77,000 km².
Neighboring countries are Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo and Montenegro.
Oceans of the World
Five oceans are part of the world map, namely:
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Glacial Ocean
- Antarctic Glacial Ocean
Australian Country Overview by Nation
Countries of the World
According to the United Nations (UN), the world is made up of 193 countries. As such, it does not recognize Taiwan, the Vatican and Palestine as “observer states”. Thus, to be considered a country, it has to unite characteristics such as national sovereignty, well-defined borders and even a currency.
However, there are all nations in the world that present other numbers in relation to the number of countries that exist in the world. The International Olympic Committee establishes 206 countries, and FIFA 209. Check out the countries of each continent:
- Asia has 47 countries and 3 territories of national sovereignty
- America has 35 countries and 20 territories of national sovereignty.
- Africa has 54 countries and 4 territories of national sovereignty
- Europe has 43 countries and 10 territories of national sovereignty.
- Oceania has 14 countries and 11 territories of national sovereignty.
Note: Despite being considered a continent, Antarctica does not contain any countries.
American and Australian Population and Languages
American 50 States
- Scotland, Texas (6/1/2023) - Scotland, Texas is a small town located in the southeastern corner of Fannin County. The town is situated on the banks of the Red River and is surrounded by rolling hills and vast stretches of farmland. Scotland has an estimated… ...
- Windham, Ohio (5/31/2023) - Windham, Ohio is a small village located in the northeast corner of Portage County. It is situated in a rural setting with rolling hills, lush forests, and plenty of open space. The village is home to just over 1,000 people… ...
- Watsonville, California (5/30/2023) - Watsonville is a city located on the central coast of California in Santa Cruz County. It is situated between the Pajaro and Salinas Rivers, and is bordered by Monterey Bay to the East. With a population of approximately 55,000 people,… ...
- West Branch, Iowa (5/29/2023) - According to SHOPAREVIEW, West Branch, Iowa is a small city located in Cedar County, Iowa. It is situated about 15 miles from the Iowa and Illinois border and 35 miles from Davenport, Iowa. West Branch has a population of 2,322… ...
- Volga, Iowa (5/28/2023) - According to PROGRAMINGPLEASE, Volga, Iowa is located in the northeastern part of the state, approximately 20 miles west of Cedar Rapids. The city is situated along the Volga River and is surrounded by rolling hills and lush green farmland. It… ...
- Kemmerer, Wyoming (5/28/2023) - According to ALLCITYCODES, Kemmerer, Wyoming is a small town situated on the western edge of the state. It is located in Lincoln County, about 10 miles from the Utah border. The town is nestled at an elevation of 6,651 feet… ...
- Nelliston, New York (5/27/2023) - According to POLITICSEZINE, Nelliston, New York is a small town located in the Mohawk Valley region of the state. The town is situated on the banks of the Mohawk River, and is bordered by the towns of St. Johnsville to… ...
- Bayfield, Wisconsin (5/27/2023) - According to ALLCITYCODES, Bayfield, Wisconsin is located in the northwestern part of the state on the shores of Lake Superior. The town is situated on a peninsula surrounded by water on three sides and bordered by the Apostle Islands National… ...
- Railroad, Pennsylvania (5/26/2023) - According to PHYSICSCAT, Railroad, Pennsylvania is a borough located in Adams County in the south-central part of the state. It is bordered to the north by Straban Township, to the east by Latimore Township, to the south by Taneytown, Maryland… ...
- Coal City, West Virginia (5/26/2023) - According to ALLCITYCODES, Coal City is a small town located in the southern part of West Virginia, in the county of McDowell. It is situated on the banks of the Tug Fork River and is surrounded by several small mountains.… ...